Hey hogs! It's been a while since our latest front-page post, so I thought I'd give you a little insight into one of the things we've been working on.
Currently, the Hedgewars server hosts a variety of awesome racing maps. But, usually these maps just involve a bare landscape that hogs race across using rope. Tech Racer aims to add an element of variety and excitement to the mix. In this mode you will be able to race around custom maps full of mines, crates and barrels. What's more, areas of the landscape will be fully destructible, meaning you might be required to dig a tunnel, or blow a hole through part of the map to finish it. You can watch a demo of such a map here:
Hopefully this will open up the racing arena to new kinds of gameplay and give non-pro ropers a chance to try their stuff on UFO-based racing maps and the like. Either way, I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun!
We are thinking about making a new tournament soon, but we want to make it perfect! And for that we need your opinion.
Can you help us?... Just answer the 7 questions below".
- What did you like and dislike about previous tournaments?
- What was the biggest disappointment of the tournaments?
- Which modes would you like to play in the next tournament?
Example: Pro mode, The Specialists, Space Invasion, etc...
- What tournament system you would like to see in the next tournament?
Example: Play-off system, knock-out system, league system, etc...
- How much time do you think we should give to the players to play their games?
- What should be the prize for the winner?
- Is there anything else you would like to see introduced in this tournament?
Please answer these questions in a comment in this thread, we would appreciate it
- We love you -
-the Hedgewars Tournament Dev Team-
Well, it's been a long 6 months, but Star and the PAotH crew officially back in business! If you'd like to catch up by reading older comics, then check here.
Comic 100 1/2:
(Then there was a period spanning about 6 months where I didn't post any comics)