Happy Halloween everyone! AKA Hedgewars Birthday.
So it's been a while since the last release, so, quite a lot has accumulated.
Not everything that was planned has been completed, but hopefully future releases won't be a year apart so they should be added Soon®.
Right. On to the goodies.
* Hedgewars now has a campaign! It should hopefully be expanded and interface polished in future releases. This was a GSoC project.
* Another GSoC project, video recording! Use the 'r' key to start/stop recording video. Video management is on the frontpage.
* PNG screenshots, to make sharing screenshots more convenient.
* What would a release be without new weapons? The meat cleaver is the latest addition. The harder you throw it, the more damage it does. Cleavers also work well for climbing or blocking entrances.
* The AI is now a lot more evil. Set it to maximum level to get the full effect. It knows how to use cake, sniper rifle and kamikaze, as well as aiming shots to drown hedgehogs or do fall damage. It has also gotten more effective at a number of existing weapons, and can move around the map more intelligently.
* Drawn maps now have variable pen width, and an eraser tool. Note that the eraser does increase the size of the drawn map network traffic, so don't use it as a substitute for undo.
* Static maps no longer have size limits. Please use this sanely, since not everyone has a machine with 16 gigs of memory like you do.
* New missions such as portal and rope training.
* Customised team colours! Check the advanced tab in team config.
* Individual hog health now shows up in the team health bar.
* Some weapon tweaks, such as throwing things from rope varying based on density (similar to More Wind) mode, drill rocket no longer exploding in your face if fired from against a wall, you are now able to rope through a portal or fly an RC plane through one, and multiple portal pairs can be setup in a turn by a team if you switch hogs.
* Bugfixes Bugfixes Bugfixes (okandprobablyaddedmorebugstoo) and performance enhancements like reduced memory usage.
Aaaaand a lot more. Actually, pretty sure not everything made it in the ChangeLog this time, so hopefully we can get that updated as we go along. Or you could just poke around and be surprised.
As noted, there's still plenty more that was being worked on. Keep watching this space!